Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Starting the Journey

I had been toying with the idea of starting a blog for the longest time, and resisted for a whole variety of reasons – ranging from lack of time due to work commitments, the fear that my writing would not be good enough, to the emotional inability to express my deepest feelings, to this weird belief that I had to say serious, proper stuff if I wanted to blog.

As much as the voyeur in me enjoys starting her day by reading the daily escapades of my nearest and dearest or the struggles of absolute strangers documented for the world; the notion of exposing myself in such a manner found me swinging between excitement and sheer dread.

Looking back at the curveballs that have come flying my way the last 18 months and with my 35th birthday fast approaching, I have decided to take the plunge. Maybe blogging will turn out to be a cheaper alternative to therapy. Maybe I will finally figure out my life. Maybe, maybe, maybe….. so here goes !

At first I thought I wanted this blog to document my weight-loss journey, my relationship with food and the weighing scale being a lifelong epic battle. It sits right up there with my issues with men and my family and money management; one gets the drift. Then I decided – that would be way to narrow, and a completely inadequate reflection of who I am, what I stand for, my dreams in life and all the funny bits and bops that make me up… so …


To start off – I have decided to do what I do best. MAKE A LIST !!!!!!
In honour of the blog title – Counting 35

TO DO by 35

August 2010 : My 35th Birthday
o Reach Target Goal Weight
o Financial Plan in place

December 2010 : Mid –way 35
o Complete Singapore FULL Marathon : 42K
o Complete Concept, Design and Prototype for Learning Kits


July 2011 : End 35
o Launch the Learning Kits


But the billion dollar question, how do I quantify and TO DO all the other things that are so really important to me – to put me first and make choices that will bring me happiness, to be strong, confident and at peace with myself, to find love that will complete me.


Lets see where this road takes us...