Monday, April 26, 2010

Movie Marathon Weekend !

This weekend marked the 3rd Saturday in a row that I was running a workshop. Can’t wait till next weekend – when I get a full 2 days off before the crazy schedule starts again ! Whooppie!!!!!!!!
That said – I enjoyed the Saturday workshop, because I was demonstrating a product I really really like – Big Books, Picture Books and Literacy !!
And also got some information on a potential investment project. Am keeping my fingers crossed to see how things work out.
Anyway, after the workshop headed off to SA to chillax the remainder of the weekend with the man.
We set somewhat of a record this weekend! Firstly, we ran the 10k loop at the Lake Gardens on Sunday morning. First time for the man, a return for me after a 6 month hiatus.
The route details courtesy of Mr. Endomondo !

Post run – the man knocked out !!
Also – in keeping with the chillax theme – we watched 4 – YES 4 movies within the span of 24 hours at home.  According to the man 3 ½ cause we were continuing Up in the Air.
Anyway my humble review of the 4.
Movie No 1
Did not see the twist in the plot coming with Alex married. I thought it was quite realistic about life for once. None of that usual Hollywood fairy tale ending. Good acting.
Movie No 2
How can anyone go wrong with Morgan Freeman acting and Clint Eastwood directing!!! I liked the way it dealt with the politics and social challenges of South Africa in such a nuanced fashion. This could have gone all over-the-top feel good, but it wasn’t. Loved the realistic relationship between the body guards. Morgan Freeman’s accent and enunciation was spot on Mandela. This movie also started our ‘Sport Weekend’.
Movie No 3
Action Movie interlude. Fast and furious, it actually was a good easy watch for a girl who generally does not like bang-bang movies. John Travolta had excellent comic moments in this one. Quite worth a watch I would say.
Movie No 4
And to round it off, The Blind Side. This one was amazingly good and funny. Sandra Bullock did an excellent portrayal of that typical pushy, domineering southern white woman with a heart! She deserved the Oscar I think !
All in a great, relaxing and restful weekend with the man!