Monday, July 5, 2010

New Experiences....

Not my usual weekend round-up, but one for the record books. Have always believed in being open to new experiences. In spite of my cultural heritage, never was into Tamil or Hindi movies, despite Bollywood being all the rage.
I humbly admit, I was so wrong! Was introduced to the new generation on Hindi movies this weekend by a certain man in my life.

This one was mind-blowing amazing. The acting, the storyline, the nuances against the bigger backdrop of the reality of Muslim terrorism. I understand why it was banned in Malaysia, but such a pity as the ideas are  complex and challenge you to think.


For the person who does not understand or has not shown any interest, I was blown away by this song in the movie; Shukraan Allah. The imagery of love resonated with the romantic in me. Am going to recommend this for the next family wedding !
So for all to enjoy - the full lyrics below ! Beautiful !

Shukran Allah Wallah Alham Dulillah - Thank You Allah, Allah Be Praised
Nazron Se Nazrein Mili To- When My Eyes Met Your Eyes,
Jannat Si Mehki Fizaayein - The Atmosphere Fragranted Like Heaven
Lab Ne Jo Lab Chhoo Liya To- When We Touched Our Lips With Each Other,
Aasmaan Se Barsi Duaaien- Prayers Showered From Sky
Aisi Apni Mohabbat- Such Is Our Love,
Aisi Rooh-e-ibaadat- Such Is The Essence Of Our Devotion,
Hum Pe Meherbaan Do Jahaan- That Both The Worlds Are Kind On Us
Shukran Allah Wallah Alham Dulillah - (4)
Teri Baahaon Mein Yeh Jism Khil Gaya - My Body Brightened In Your Arms
Teri Saanson Mein Chain Mil Gaya - I Found Peace In Your Breath
Kaise Rahein Ab Hum Juda - How Can I Now Remain Away From You?
Tere Paas Hum Itne Hue - I Came So Close To You
Tere Khawaab Apne Hue - That Your Dreams Became Mine
Aise Huye Ab Hum Fida - Such Is The Way I Fell In Love With You
Aise Uski Inaayat - Such Was The Kindness Of God,
Mit Gayi Har Shikaayat - That All My Complaints Got Over
Hum Pe Meherbaan Do Jahaan - And Both The Worlds Are Kind On Us
Shukran Allah Wallah Alham Dulillah - (4)
Tere Saaye Mein Mili Har Khushi - I Found Happiness In Your Shade
Teri Marzi Meri Zindagi - Your Will Is My Life
Le Chal Tu Chaahe Jahaan - Take Me Wherever You Wish To
Haan Haan Meri Aankhon Mein Nazar Teri Hai - There Is Your Sight In My Eyes
Meri Sham-o-seher Teri Hai - My Mornings And Evenings Are Your's
Tu Jo Nahin To Main Kahan - I Am Nowhere If You Are Not There
Khil Gayi Meri Kismat - My Luck Brightened
Paa Ke Teri Yeh Chaahat - After Attaining Your Love
Hum Pe Meherbaan Do Jahaan - Both The Worlds Are Kind On Us
Shukran Allah Wallah Alham Dulillah - (4)